• A wholly-owned Government of India undertaking incorporated under the Companies Act in January 2006.
• Commenced operations in April 2006 and notified as a Public Financial Institution in January 2009.
• Provides financial assistance to long-term infrastructure projects in diversified sectors such as roads, bridges, railways, seaports, airports, inland waterways, other transportation projects, power, urban transport, water supply, sewage, solid waste management and other physical infrastructure in urban areas, gas pipelines, infrastructure projects in special economic zones, international convention centres and other tourism related infrastructure projects, cold storage chains, warehouses, and fertilizer manufacturing industry.
• Provides refinance for loans sanctioned by banks and other eligible institutions, in accordance with the eligibility criteria set out in the Refinance Scheme.
• Has three wholly owned subsidiaries, India Infrastructure Finance Company (UK) Limited, IIFCL Projects Limited and IIFCL Asset Management Company Limited.
• The cumulative gross loans sanctioned by IIFCL, under direct lending as on September 30, 2012, on an unconsolidated basis, aggregated to Rs. 49,603.31 Crores in 282 projects with total project cost of Rs. 4,50,547.90 Crores and the total disbursement of Rs. 23,702.03 Crores.
• Debt-equity ratio stood at 5.15:1 as at September 30, 2012, on an unconsolidated basis.